So excited for Tip Tuesday and Foodie Friday. Two definite post you can read about each week.
Today, I want to share a few of my top cleaning tips. I’m a believer that you can clean your house in under an hour if you have a cleaning strategy. Part of my strategy includes these top cleaning tips.
1. Place all cleaning items in one caddy. (Items – all purpose cleaner (I recommend Meyers), dust cleaner, windex, magic eraser, dust wipe, small towel and a few paper towels)
2. Set a timer. This helps you stay focused. Start with a realistic goal like an hour and continue to decrease the time until you have achieved your ideal cleaning time.
3. Don’t let your kids or phone be a distraction. Put your phone away and hand the kids a towel. Nixon is 19 months and he loves to put all the clothes into the washer and dryer. And both Liam and Nixon love to wipe down the windows. Never underestimate your child; he/she can be one of your greatest helpers.
4. Spray it all down. I start with bathrooms and spray it all. Then come back and wipe it all. Then onto dusting the other rooms in the house and windex necessary areas. Finally, vacuum your home.
5. Candles and flowers. Even if your house is not perfect, flowers and candles can make a mess into a delightful place.
Has your timer gone off? Did you finish it before you thought? It is amazing what a few simple strategic tips can do. What are some your cleaning tips? Do you have any cleaning “musts”? Please, do share.