Some people think of pumpkin only in the fall and winter, but pumpkin is in my life year around. It is an ingredient that can be added to so many recipes from chili to cupcakes, plus pumpkin has great nutritional value. One of my favorite pumpkin recipes is pumpkin pancakes. They are simple to make and everyone in the family loves them.
Ingredients (Adapted from Multiply Delicious)
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup almond flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup pecans, chopped and light toasted (optional)
1. Heat griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. In a large bowl stir together pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla until blended.
3. Add almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder to other ingredients and mix again until everything is incorporated.
4. Once pan or griddle is hot, pour batter into small to medium size pancakes. (If necessary, use additional coconut oil in a skillet to prevent from sticking)
5. Do not flip to quickly or they will break apart. Carefully, using a spatula, flip the pancake over to cook on other side.
6. Serve hot with some honey.
I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as we do. Let me know if you love them too.